We are aiming to deliver both Flu & Covid vaccines together this season.
Flu delivery is expected the week of 26th September so clinics will be added the week after.
We will contact you once vaccines are on site.
Groups eligible for influenza vaccinations are based on the advice of the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI). The programme aims to provide direct protection to those who are at higher risk of influenza associated morbidity and mortality and to reduce transmission to all age groups through the vaccination of children.
- all children aged 2 or 3 years on 31 August 2022
- all primary school aged children (from reception to Year 6)
- secondary school children in Years 7 to 11 (between 11 and 15 years of age on 31 August 2022)
- those aged 6 months to under 65 years in clinical risk groups
- pregnant women
- those aged 65 years and over
- those in long-stay residential care homes
- close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- frontline staff employed by the following types of social care providers without employer led occupational health schemes:
- a registered residential care or nursing home
- registered domiciliary care provider
- a voluntary managed hospice provider
- Direct Payment (personal budgets) or Personal Health Budgets, such as Personal Assistants
- those aged 50 to 64 years (Eligible from 15th October)
All frontline health care workers, including both clinical and non-clinical staff who have contact with patients, should be offered the influenza vaccine to protect themselves and those they care for. This should be provided by their employer as part of the organisation’s policy to prevent the transmission of infection. Social care workers who are in direct contact with people who receive care and support services should also have the influenza vaccine provided by their employer. There are circumstances where frontline staff, employed by specific social care providers without access to employer led occupational health schemes (see above), can access the vaccine through the NHS free of charge.
Please arrive to your appointment with as much time as possible.
Please do not attend with another person unless they are a carer.
Please wear appropriate clothing so that you are ready for your vaccination.
See you soon!!