Urgent care services in Sunderland are changing
Patients in Sunderland will be able to access NHS urgent care services more simply and closer to home after 1 August 2019.
From 1 August 2019, the best way to access NHS urgent care services will be to contact your GP practice or local pharmacy, or call NHS 111 when they are closed.
Urgent care is for minor injuries or illnesses which need medical attention the same day, but are not serious enough for the Emergency Department.
From 1 August 2019, these will be the main urgent care services for patients in Sunderland:
- GP practices – collectively providing extra appointments in evenings, weekends and bank holidays. These can be booked through your GP practice, at one of five locations around Sunderland, Washington and Houghton.
- Pharmacists – local pharmacists are highly trained and provide free, confidential advice on minor illnesses from sickness and diarrhoea to hay fever.
- Urgent care centres at Pallion or Bunny Hill health centres, open 10am-10pm Monday to Friday; 8am-10pm weekends and bank holidays, no appointment needed.
- NHS 111 – if you have an urgent need which is not life-threatening, NHS 111 health advisors are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to help you get the right medical attention for your needs.
To find out more, please visit www.sunderlandccg.nhs.uk.
Sunderland Extended Access Service Information
As you may be aware for some time we have had the ability to offer access to a GP outside of core hours. Please see below for more details.
We are working on our Emergency Department visit numbers. We consistently use the ED at a higher rate than other practices even with increased appointment and telephone access. We are using data to try and help us understand why this is happening and to try to encourage our population to utilise other services before using the ED such as your local pharmacy etc.
In May we had 123 people attend the ED. 23 were found to be for very minor ailments that could have been treat by a visit to your local pharmacy. This costing NHS in the region of £5000 for May ED visits alone.
Sunderland Clinical Commissioning Group have a very informative “Look After Yourself” booklet which is a great starting point in a guide to self care.
Please help us to save NHS resources by choosing the right service for your illness.
CQC Inspection Outcome:
We are delighted to announce the practice has been awarded an overall rating of GOOD in all areas following our recent CQC inspection. We rated outstanding in the responsive to long term conditions category.
Messaging App / Texting Service:
MJog Messenger is a free app for patients allowing quick and easy two-way communications with their Practice. The familiar user interface means patients will be able to use the app straight out of the box, providing patients with a convenient way to manage appointments, be alerted about services and receive reminders from their surgery. PIN authentication can be enabled to grant peace of mind for your patient.
- No cost for Patients to use the MJog Messenger App – it is free to download with no message costs.
- Simple to use app – MJog Messenger is self explanatory with clear details including links and buttons to complete app interactions – familiar and recognisable styling.
- More informative messages for Patients, compared to SMS, with styled text and images allowing for clear and branded Practice communications.
- Convenient communications – app provides a straightforward view of documents including pdfs and letters the practice sends via the app which is delivered to one device (accessible across multiple).
- Easy access – it’s a simple process to cancel appointments in ‘one click’.
- Informative, relevant and efficient communications received – letter, pictures, links etc. all contained in one message.
- Provides quick access to Google Maps, Facebook and other apps so patients can stay in touch with your Practice.
- Building greater online engagement with patients.
Please contact us for details regarding our new texting service.
HYLTON MEDICAL GROUP
Welcome to our new website which has been developed to provide the latest and useful information to the patients and visitors. We hope you find the website user friendly and it’s easy for you to locate the desired information.
Please take a look around and see how this new website can make things easier for you and let us know if you have any comments or suggestions via our online form.
Hylton Medical Group
We aim to deliver excellence in medical practice and patient care. Ensuring the clinical, professional and personal development of each team member, working with people we serve through good communication and patient education, whilst managing human, financial and structural resources efficiently and effectively.
We try to preserve the values of traditional general practice whilst making the most of the opportunities afforded by the present GP Contract and other developments in the Health Service and in particular;
To maintain a professional but patient-friendly, caring environment within the group and all its activities
To develop an integrated team approach to the delivery of patient care and services, also to encourage a similar approach to the decision-making process within the group
To provide a framework and culture that will ensure clinical, professional and personal development of both team and individual
To provide clinical services based on population needs, and are of the highest quality with local accessibility wherever possible
To be proactive in the delivery of health education, working in partnership with patients
To work in partnership with SCCG and DoH to support development and delivery of services which work towards the health improvement of the practice population
*** IMPORTANT PATIENT NOTICE ***
From Monday 1st August 2016 we are changing our prescription ordering number, please note our new number:
0795 451 9397
When texting your order, please remember to include:
• YOUR FULL NAME
• DATE OF BIRTH
• ITEMS YOU REQUIRE
If you request a new item please state where this was given and be aware that this may take longer than the usual 48 hours to process.
If you are requesting an item you have not had for over 3 month you may require a GP review before this is issued.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Medicines Optimisation Team
***MANDATORY TRAINING UPDATES***
PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR SURGERY AND ALL OTHER SURGERIES IN SUNDERLAND ARE CLOSED ONCE A MONTH ON A WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON FOR MANDATORY TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT OF STAFF
Please ring the surgery on 111 and you will be directed to the Out of Hours Services for medical emergencies and advice.
GP ONLINE SERVICES
How can I start using GP online services?
Follow the steps below to sign up for GP online services:
1. Tell your GP practice that you would like to start using their online services
2. A member of the practice will then ask you to fill in a short registration form
3. You will have to provide photo ID and proof of address. If you do not have any ID then either a member of staff will have to confirm your identity or you may have to answer questions about personal information in your GP record
4. Once you have signed up, you will receive a letter with your unique username and password and a link to where you can log in
Click on this LINK for more information